Have you been charged with a crime in Sumner County? If you have, you may be facing significant consequences. The attorneys at Templeton Law Firm may be able to help you avoid a conviction.
A criminal conviction can create numerous setbacks in your life, your career, and your relationships. Not only can the impact of a criminal conviction affect you financially, but the publicity surrounding a conviction can be harmful to you and your family, depending on the crime.
By working with an experienced criminal defense attorney, you stand a better chance of avoiding a conviction. The Templeton Law Firm is prepared to have your back during this difficult time.
Charges Our Attorneys Defend Against
There are countless types of crimes that you could potentially be charged with in Sumner County and the surrounding areas. We’d like to meet with you one on one to discuss building a case for you.
Some of the most frequent crimes committed include:
- DUIs: Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol can have significant consequences. The penalties may vary based on the severity of the situation. It’s important that you have an experienced DUI lawyer on your side, who understands the laws surrounding driving under the influence.
- Drug Crimes: There are numerous types of drug crimes, none of which are a light matter. Being in possession of, distributing, or manufacturing controlled substances can all have devastating long term effects on your future.
- Violent Crimes: Violent crimes include domestic violence, manslaughter, aggravated assault, homicide and much more. Speak with your attorney about your arrest to find out more about the severity of these crimes.
- White Collar Crimes: White collar crimes are typically non-violent, financially motivated crimes such as embezzlement, various types of fraud, identity theft, etc.
- Sex Crimes: Being convicted of a sex crime has serious consequences. These crimes include rape, prostitution, indecent exposure, sexual assault, etc.
There are many other crimes that our Clients have been charged with. These are just to name a few of the more common crimes that we see in Sumner County and the surrounding areas. If you didn’t see a crime listed that you were arrested for, be sure to speak with our firm to get more info on what we can do for you.
Criminal Penalties in Sumner County
Penalties will depend on which crime you’ve been charged with. Being arrested for a DUI has different penalties depending on how many times you’ve had a DUI, whether there was a child in the vehicle when the DUI happened, whether there was an accident and/or injuries that resulted from the DUI, etc. Being convicted of a DUI means you may be facing fines of up to $15,000, have your license revoked, and do jail time. When you speak with our firm about your DUI arrest, we’ll be able to give you more information on the potential penalties you’ll be facing, and what we can do to help.
Penalties for other crimes, such as violent crimes, sex crimes, white collar crimes, etc. have their own penalties depending on the type of crime and the severity. When you speak with our attorneys, we’ll be able to go into more detail as we get information from you about your arrest.
Building Your Defense Strategy
At the Templeton Law Firm we work closely with you to formulate a strategy for your defense. We’ll want to know instances where your rights may have been violated, all the details of the incident, and any other information that you can provide that the court should know.
100% Free Initial Consultation
Contact The Templeton Firm today for your 100% Free initial consultation.
Gallatin Criminal Defense FAQ
Being arrested can be a pretty shocking experience for many people. Often times people being arrested have lots of questions about what’s going to happen next. Here are a couple of the many questions we get frequently asked after an arrest:
Can I get my record expunged after a criminal conviction in Gallatin?
Some crimes are eligible for expunction. For example, having your charges dismissed, or if you were charged with a misdemeanor, you may be able to get your record expunged. However, there are also crimes that don’t meet eligibility requirements, which is one of reasons why people hire defense attorneys to try and dodge a conviction.
How much will it cost to hire a criminal defense lawyer in Gallatin?
The costs for a defense lawyer will vary based on what you’re charged with and how complicated the case may be. The first step is your free initial consultation to determine what the next steps will be for your case. At that point you’ll have a better idea of what the Templeton Law Firm can do for you, and what the costs will be for our legal representation.
Contact our Gallatin Criminal Defense Attorney
When you’re ready to take a look at how you can regain control over your life during this difficult time, contact the Templeton Law Firm for your free case analysis. These matters can be time-sensitive, so be sure to contact us soon.
176 West Franklin Street
Gallatin, TN 37066